General Triple Crown Fastpitch Tournament Rules:
Triple Crown is not a sanctioning body, but will follow the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) Softball rules.
While the pitcher takes the signal, her stride foot may be on or behind the pitcher’s plate as far back as desired. Once the pitcher initially sets the toe of her stride foot, she CANNOT move it to increase the distance behind the pitcher’s plate. In addition, the pitcher must take or appear to take a signal while in the pitching and signal-taking positions.
All pitches including a pitchout must be legally pitched to the catcher and ball is live.
Any option listed below may be used:
Option 1: Straight nine- Those nine can play any position on defense without reporting to the umpire.
Option 2: DP/Flex- 10 players are listed on the line-up, but only 9 bat. The DP can bat for any player that you designate prior to the start of the game. That player is designated as the Flex and should be listed in the 10th spot on the line-up card. Any of the 10 players can play on defense.
Option 3: EH/EP- This gives you the option to bat 10 players and any 9 can play defense. This player can be placed anywhere in the line-up.
Option 4: DP/Flex and the EP/EH- This allows you to have 11 players listed on the lineup, only 10 will bat any 9 of these players can play defensively. The Flex is listed at the bottom of the lineup.
If you would like to order a NFHS Softball rule book you may do so by going to https://nfhs.com and selecting the 2020 Softball Rules Book. Triple Crown Sports DOES NOT receive any portion of the cost of the NFHS rule book, all proceeds go to NFHS.
(Each tournament and/or event may have its own set of rules, exceptions, and variations. Please see specific tournament details and rules below.)
Zoom Juniors Tournament Rules:
1. All ages: 1hr 30min games, finish the inning. Run rules apply for all Championship games.
2. Run rule applied for all age divisions: 10 runs after 3 innings, 8 runs after 4 innings and 6 runs after 5 innings.
3. Pool Play games can end in a tie.
4. Tied games in Bracket, ITB will put a runner on second.
5. Pool Play games are not free subs and not bat your lineup.
6. Triple Crown allows an EH, a DP Flex or both an EH/DP Flex on lineups. If you have any questions about the EH/DP Flex please ask the umpires working your game or the Triple Crown Site Director. Click Here for a sample lineup card.
7. Game balls will be provided.
8. Coin flip for pool play and bracket games
9. Please have something on hand to verify players age. This can be copies of birth certificates, ASA cards, PGF cards or anything with proof of players age.
10. Teams must have a signed and completed online roster, updated team insurance and reported lodging. All three items must be completed before the first game is played.
**Rules Subject to Change**
Triple Crown Pool Play Rules: Two-Way tie (Same Pool):
1. Win/Loss Record
2. Head to Head
3. Total Run Differential
4. Least Runs Allowed
5. Most Runs Scored
6. Last Actual Run Differential (LAD)
7. Coin Flip
Three-Way tie (Same Pool):
1. Total Run Differential
2. Least Runs Allowed
3. Most Runs Scored
4. Last Actual Run Differential (LAD)
5. Coin Flip
1. Maximum Run Spread per game is 7, regardless of score
2. Forfeits will be scored 7-0
Umpires will be responsible for the scorecards of each game. Coaches must sign the scorecard at the end of each game to ensure the score is correct before the umpire turns the scorecard into the designated TC site director. If the scorecard is turned in with or without a signature and the score is incorrect, the score will be inputted as is.